Reattachable Grooved Shank Couplings
A lightweight aluminum grooved shank, easily installed, field repairable, and reattachable coupling. Designed for use with large diameter layflat hose, the coupling consists of a hose shank and a Red Head Brass segmented Kwik-Tach clamp collar. One end of the shank is machined to accept the mating collar. The opposite end has a machined groove. The clamp collar is easily assembled to the hose using a hex (Allen) wrench.
Available Sizes: 4″ and 6″
Configuration and Features:
- The Kwik-Tach clamp collar allows for re-tightening after initial hose pressurization.
- 4″ thru 6″ shanks and collar segments are machined from 6061-T6 aluminum seamless extrusions.
- Shanks and collars are hardcoat anodized to MIL-A-8625 Type III, Class 1.
- Shanks have undulating diameters to provide for secure and leak proof hose attachment. Collar segment diameters are sized to match mating shank diameters and hose thickness.
- Collar segments are drilled and tapped on one end with a corresponding clearance hole on the opposite end.
- Outside collar diameters sized to provide added abrasion resistance for the hose and radiused to reduce hang-ups when dragging.
- Clamp Bolts are high tensile Alloy Steel per ASTM A574 with Zinc yellow dichromate plating per QQ-Z-325, Type II for corrosion resistance. (Strength equivalent to Grade 9 bolt).